Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:26 PM
The following has absolutely NOTHING to do with what Gary posted here....but, since Gary and Carter let swinney post anything and everything he wants on every single front page presentation, I'm gonna post this here.
What do you think about what's said in this, swinney? Please...respond if you can without just doing a "copy & paste" of something sent to you from some extremist far left site:
TOP-10 " Only In America " Observations by a Canadian
1) Only in America, could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a
$35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
2) Only in America, could people claim that the government still
discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a
black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black
while only 12% of the population is black.
3) Only in America, could they have had the two people most responsible for
our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and
Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to
be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4) Only in America, can they have terrorists kill people in the name of
Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be
harmed by the backlash.
5) Only in America, would they make people who want to legally become
American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of
thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who
sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.
6) Only in America, could the people who believe in balancing the budget and
sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."
7) Only in America, could you need to present a driver's license to cash a
check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
8) Only in America, could people demand the government investigate whether
oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when
the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is
less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
9) Only in America, could the government collect more tax dollars from the
people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars
more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE ,
and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
10) Only in America, could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes
- be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any
income taxes at all.